Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Erasmus in Belgium, Brussels

So, here comes a short summary. I'm in Brussels, got here last Tuesday, studying at Sint-Lucas school of architecture, live about 3,5 km from my school, I could take a tram to go there, but as long as I have a tiny budget and don't have any other physical activities- I walk, takes about 30min, not too long anyway.
Street I walk:



This weekend I've been to town named Aalst, not too far from Brussels. Quite a nice looking town but.. that's not the point about it. There was this carnival, actually a pretty wierd one. Don't know what's the story of it but looks like some kind of a Valentine's day's parody. There were so many participants, mostly men, that I didn't even wait till the end of the carnival, it was almost endless. Seemed like all of the Aalst's men would have dressed as women or something, each of them grabbed a couple of beers and went out to the street.













No comments: